Who would’ve thought that something as small as 0.33 inches in diameter could have such a huge impact on our hijab-wearing experience?
As we embark this year on monthly fashion/product edits dedicated to the hijabs and accessories we carry (and possibly some fashion trends we want to bring to your notice), what better accessory to begin with than our revolutionary magnets? Currently available in four colors - Gold, Silver, Rose Gold and Gunmetal, these beauties have single handedly made holes and snags a thing of the past.
This month we are excited to bring you a new magnet color, Matte Black, which we think you’re going to love! So, stay tuned for that very soon!
The remarkable thing to know about our magnets is their incredible strength. They work well with all the fabrics we carry - jersey, chiffon, woven, satin, you name it! What we particularly love about this accessory is how it has virtually solved one of the most common problems women have in wrapping their hijabs: pin holes and snags that can ruin your hijab, especially ones that you may wear frequently. Many of us have lost a favorite hijab to over usage and snags from our safety pins or straight pins.
No-Snag Hijab Magnets
Our No-Snag Hijab Magnets offer the function and security of a traditional safety pin in an ultra-strong magnet that won't snag even the most delicate fabrics, like chiffon or silk. The finish is crafted from nickel-free zinc alloy for a brilliant shine that won't bother sensitive skin. Each Magnets purchase comes with a velveteen pouch for safekeeping.
The interesting thing about our magnets, since they debuted last January
, has been the variety of ways in which they’ve been used beyond the most popular way - securing one’s hijab under the chin! Several of these examples came from ladies in our Haute Hijab support group on Facebook.
1. Using them to close an open-collared shirt (instead of using a safety pin).
2. As cufflinks (really!)
3. Securing your hijab to your shoulder so that it looks drapey and effortless but doesn’t keep slipping.
4. Securing your hijab on the side of your head instead of using a straight pin (it does look like a pretty jewel that way).
5. Using it for sewing or hemming, as in keeping the folds of a fabric secure while you stitch it together!
6. Using it to keep curtains closed together, often in hotels!
7. Securing birthday decorations to curtains. (How brilliant is that?)
8. As buttons on your shirt. (We all hate it when our shirt gapes open.)
9. Using it to gather fallen pins off the floor.
10. Posting pictures on the fridge.
11. As a needle minder for cross stitching.
12. And, one of our favorite stories from an HH customer, “I just used a set of mine to find my son’s hearing aid batteries. His sibling took it off and threw it on the ground. We were having a hard time finding it because of its small size. We also needed to find it ASAP because of the risk of it being swallowed by my toddler. Then I thought to use my super strong HH magnets in a zip lock bag to randomly comb through the floor. Alhumdulillah, I found it as soon as I placed the bag on the floor.”
So many uses! We never could’ve imagined it when we conceived the idea for specially-designed, super strong hijab magnets
two years ago and launched them last year. If you haven’t tried them, maybe now is the time!